Skip to main content

Israel's Current Valley of Dry Bones

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I focus a lot on the nation of Israel. I do so because in view of biblical focus, Israel is the physical center of God’s world. It is where Christ our savior was sent to be born, live and die for our sins and where He will come to again and reign in his future earthly government: For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end… (Isaiah 9:6-7 NIV)

I found the following paragraph captured from the News From Jerusalem website very instructive about the condition of modern day Israel’s standing in our current world. It was written in the aftermath of the recent Mumbai India terrorist attacks that among other atrocities singled out an Israeli center for particular carnage, executing 6 Jewish employees in the process.
Six decades after the Holocaust, with official commemoration of the (Jewish) genocide now instated in many of the world’s Western democracies, much of the world is engaging in a more or less concerted effort to delegitimize, demonize, and destroy the Jewish state with tacit or active Western participation. Diplomats, bureaucrats, journalists, and others who protest that they favor the “two-state solution” while singling out Israel for obsessive condemnation are as much a part of this mechanism as the bloody terrorists who are forthright about their aims.
I believe modern day Israel is a living example of what happens to people when they knowingly reject Jesus Christ as their Lord. The biblical gospel books detail how Jesus came “to his own”, but his own “received him not”. Toward the end of his Human Life, Jesus said this about Israel’s future after their rejection of Him as their Messiah: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' (Matthew 23:37-39 NIV)

God will not tolerate his creation’s rejection of Him. He is a loving, patient and merciful God who means what He says and says what He means. Despite Christ’s warning and subsequent carrying out of his prophecy above, He always allows for our repentance and reconciliation to Him. In the Biblical Book of Ezekiel, this is how God describes His future plan for Israel despite their current Devil-inspired calamities: God grabbed me. God's Spirit took me up and set me down in the middle of an open plain strewn with bones. He led me around and among them—a lot of bones! There were bones all over the plain—dry bones, bleached by the sun. He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" I said, "Master God, only you know that." He said to me, "Prophesy over these bones: 'Dry bones, listen to the Message of God!'"...Then God said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Listen to what they're saying: 'Our bones are dried up, our hope is gone, there's nothing left of us.' "Therefore, prophesy. Tell them, 'God, the Master, says: I'll dig up your graves and bring you out alive—O my people! Then I'll take you straight to the land of Israel. When I dig up graves and bring you out as my people, you'll realize that I am God. I'll breathe my life into you and you'll live. Then I'll lead you straight back to your land and you'll realize that I am God. I've said it and I'll do it. God's Decree.'" (Ezekiel 37:1-4 & 11-16 The Message Bible)

Israel is an object lesson to people who have been living their lives rejecting Jesus Christ as their savior (their Messiah). You will suffer for that rejection, however Jesus always is available for your redemption. All you have to do is ask. Israel will be redeemed. Sometime in the future they will ask, and their God will redeem them and welcome them back with open arms. Now that you know He will do the same for you? Will you ask?

Note: A simple prayer for salvation is at the top right of this page

Comments

Lisa A. Shaw said…
As always you write with a strong and truth filled voice which some find hard to swallow and others find strength and understanding through what the Lord lays upon your heart to speak.

I find in your words more reason to continue to pray for Israel, the United States and the world! We all need the redeeming power that comes only through CHRIST our LORD.

Your last paragraph says it all:

"Israel is an object lesson to people who have been living their lives rejecting Jesus Christ as their savior (their Messiah). You will suffer for that rejection, however Jesus always is available for your redemption. All you have to do is ask. Israel will be redeemed. Sometime in the future they will ask, and their God will redeem them and welcome them back with open arms. Now that you know, He will do the same for you? Will you ask?"
Angel said…
I agree with Lisa. Keep it up! :)
Michelle said…
Hello Peter, I am new to blogging and I have been looking through all the blogs on the blogroll. There are some that I especially like-- yours is one :) I would like to come back when I have more time and read all your posts, particularly the ones about Israel. So few people in our world, and sadly so few Christians, are willing to consider the signifigance of Israel. To those Christians I say read Romans 11:1-11. Its pretty clear! We definitely need more watchmen. God bless you.
My blog is My Anchor Holds at:
http://michellescox.blogspot.com/
I will be on the blogroll soon I hope!

Popular posts from this blog

Funerals for the Unsaved or Unbelievers

I am not a leader of a church, but I oftentimes wonder how does one lead a funeral service for someone who dies without knowing Jesus Christ as Lord? Admittedly I have not been to many funerals in my lifetime, though they are appearing to come more frequently lately, but the fact is that funerals are held daily throughout the world and as such this is a pertinent question to someone just about every day.

I’ve been to the funeral where the person lived a fairly routine life, taking care of their families and other responsibilities as best they could, paying taxes and doing the average things that we as human beings do on a consistent basis. They however had no visible relationship with God through His son Jesus Christ. When this person dies, the surviving family members are oftentimes left scrambling trying to find a person and a place to officiate the funeral services – generally because the deceased did not have a regular church that they attended. Funeral homes sometimes serve this f…

Scripture: Are You a Wheat or Weed?

(Matthew 23: 24-30 NIV): Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared. “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’ ‘‘An enemy did this,’ he replied. “The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’ ‘‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

(Matthew 23: 36-43 NIV): Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.” He answered, “The…

Hal Lindsay off TBN

Christian author and broadcaster Hal Lindsay removed his weekly Christian television news broadcast "The International Intelligence Briefing" from the programming lineup on The Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) after network officials notified him that his shows would now be subject to pre-screening for censorship prior to broadcast approval. This unusual step was the result of TBN’s disapproval of a Lindsay broadcast in December 2005, which the network said was too inflammatory towards Muslims.

I have reviewed the transcript of Mr. Lindsay's broadcast and I find nothing in it’s content that is not backed up by God’s scripture, nor did I find anything that would be considered overly zealous or purposefully sensational with respect to potential attacks on Muslims. To the extent that TBN, one of the most widely available Christian TV networks would take this position is quite incredulous. One of the reasons for the need for ‘Christian’ TV networks is to enable the presenta…