Pages

Scripture: Faith in God even in "uncertain" Trials

(Daniel 3:16-18 NIV)...Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”

I highly recommend reading the full context.

2 comments:

joybug56 said...

Good Friday Morning! I love the testimony of the Three Hebrew Children. Many many times I encourage myself to move forward, not to give up, and realize that God is Sovereign and that He never lost control of one morsel of his plans and purposes though the enemy would have me to think so! Opposition comes especially to those that have committed to walk their talk of a life in Christ. We as Children of God will face many "fiery furnaces" and when I am in the midst of the furnace and the enemy wants to tell me I will be destroyed by this "season" of testing, I remind myself ...the three Hebrew children was not consumed by the fire nor did they come out smelling of smoke...not a hair on their body was singed ..and I know God is omnipresent and is with me and I will confess Phil 4:13 ..Gal 2:20 ..I Cor 2:20 and Phil 2:13 ...
Thanks for the thoughts provoked by your posting...so enjoyed it this a.m.!

Anonymous said...

This has always encouraged me. We often look at our personal trials and tribulations as being so serious but being thrown into the fire and still standing firm for the LORD -- that's a testing. I wonder how many of us would be able to keep that stance. I pray I would to honor the LORD.

We know the outcome... those three men met a 4th Man in that fire -- the LORD and they came out of it with not ONE hair burned! If we'd only remember that when we face the fiery trials in this world -- if we remain humble, trust GOD for the outcome--HE WILL ALWAYS bring us through it!

Praise Him!